Actress and healthy-living advocate Suzanne Somers says she has overcome ailments tied to toxic mold in her home.
Somers, who has written a book — “TOX-SICK: From Toxic to Not Sick” — about her and husband Alan Hamel’s ordeal, told Fox News
: “It’s very personal. Our [Malibu] house burned down a few years ago and we had to move into a rental that was very beautiful — but unbeknownst to us, there was an unfinished room downstairs that had black mold and it was standing water that got into the drywall, got into the heating and air conditioning ducts, and I noticed over the four years that I lived there that my husband was getting sick and he’s [usually] so healthy.”
The 68-year-old "Three’s Company" said environmental specialists she brought in determined the black mold was to blame for "mystery diseases" she and her husband suffered, before they fled the home.
She said they have since recovered.
© 2017 NewsmaxHealth. All rights reserved.