Tuberculosis, also known as TB, is a deadly infectious disease that is caused by mycobacteria. This disease usually kills more than 50% of its victims, but early diagnosis and treatment can help reduce the risk of worsening of the disease. Some of the early tuberculosis symptoms are mentioned below:
- Chronic cough with blood-tinged sputum is one of the classic symptoms of tuberculosis. Cough is characterized by a sudden and repetitively occurring reflex that is generally caused by foreign particles and irritants, in this case, the mycobacteria. This release of air causes the infection to spread to anyone in close physical proximity. Chest pain may occur simultaneously with chronic cough.
- Fever is a common tuberculosis sign and symptom and also induces other symptoms such as shivering.
- Night sweats are a sign of tuberculosis and can be seen in patients of any age.
- Weight loss due to tuberculosis is a very distinct characteristic of pulmonary tuberculosis. People with TB may also feel fatigued.
- Appetite loss is also another symptom of tuberculosis and leads to further degradation of health and immune system.
© Newsmax. All rights reserved.