Any obsessive or compulsive behavior that is beyond a person’s control is a symptom of obsessive compulsive disorder. Here are the top 5 symptoms to watch for:
1. Uncontrollable and irrational thoughts.
2. Constant anxiety, anger, and doubts regarding the simplest possible things. One of most common obsessive compulsive disorder symptoms in children is a constant worry that their parents might die.
3. Repetitive behavior like washing and drying the hands continuously, excessive cleanliness, hoarding and constantly rearranging clothes, furniture or files, constant need to maintain symmetry and order, fixation on a single number that is referred to as their "magical" or "lucky" number, counting things repeatedly, hoarding items.
4. Some of the most common obsessive compulsive disorder symptoms include a fear of germs and dirt, and a fear of either injury or illness.
5. Hyperactivity, depression, and frustration
© Newsmax. All rights reserved.