What is Eczema?
Eczema is a term used to refer to different types of skin swelling. Eczema is also called dermatitis. It is not dangerous, but most types cause red, swollen, and itchy skin.
Causes of Eczema
One type of eczema, the irritant contact dermatitis, develops after frequent exposure to mild irritants such as detergents. It can also develop after brief exposure to a strong irritant such as battery acid. Another type, allergic contact dermatitis, develops when an allergen touches the skin. Common allergens include poison ivy and nickel.
The exact cause of other types of eczema is not clear. Seborrheic dermatitis is another type of eczema that seems to develop when a number of factors interact. These factors include the person’s genes, the yeast that lives on the human skin, stress, climate, and overall general health.
Treatment for Eczema
Most eczema treatments offer only short-term relief. For long-term relief, natural treatments are far superior. Eczema must be treated from the inside, and from the outside. Treating eczema from the outside with creams and lotions will help temporarily. Treating from within will help build up your immune system, and offer long-term relief.
Residential Treatment of Eczema
Reports and scientific studies prove that residential treatments are the best way to get rid of eczema quickly. A mixture of camphor and sandalwood paste applied to all affected areas will help reduce the pain and effects of eczema. A good deal of relief can be achieved with the application of wild almond to all affected and dry areas of the skin.
There are several advanced centers known for the treatment of eczema. The top ten centers for the treatment of eczema are:
1. American Academy of Dermatology
2. National Eczema Association for Science and Education
3. Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research
4. UPMC-University of Pittsburgh Medical Centre
5. University of Michigan Hospitals and Health Centers, Ann Arbor
6. Cleveland clinic
7. Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston
8. Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Centre, Los Angeles
9. New York-Presbyterian University Hospital of Columbia and Cornell
10. Duke University Medical Centre, Durham, N.C
© Newsmax. All rights reserved.