Hypoactive sexual desire disorder (HSDD) is a well-researched disorder that currently has no definite or identifiable cause. Sexual desire disorder is known to affect both women and men. If hypoactive sexual desire disorder symptoms occur without well-defined and underlying physical causes, it is known as Primary Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder.
Hypoactive sexuality disorder treatment is a difficult task. The intensity of the problem is known to increase in cases where a person is married, which can cause intense marital discord. Sexual desire disorder is often a consequence of expectations for intercourse that go unfulfilled.
HSDD is extremely different from other sexual problems. Severe depression as well as medication to treat depression can dramatically reduce libido, eventually leading to the necessity of hypoactive sexuality disorder treatment.
The top five symptoms of hypoactive sexual desire disorder are:
1. Disinterest in sex: Though disinterest in sex, by itself, is not a problem, one of the signs of HSDD is disinterest under conditions where people would normally be aroused. Patients with hypoactive sexuality disorder exhibit absolutely no signs of arousal, even in situations that involve no emotional or psychological pressure. These patients are devoid of healthy and normal reactions to intimacy. This is one of the most common of all HSDD symptoms and can be dealt with effectively through sex therapy.
2. Total disgust toward sex: Hypoactive sexuality disorder usually begins with a complete disinterest in sex and then escalates to utter hatred and dislike toward the concept and act of sex. Reasons for withdrawal might be psychological or physiological in nature. Physiological problems may be attributed to tumors on the pituitary gland.
3. Physical symptoms such as pain: HSDD may be a direct consequence of factors such as vaginal pain during intercourse.
4. Extramarital affairs: Couples who suffer from hypoactive sexuality disorder symptoms may decide to live without intercourse. They may eventually decide not to continue with the relationship at all. Due to the problems associated with hypoactive sexual desire disorder, either partner may try to seek solace and sexual gratification outside their relationship.
5. Sexual dissatisfaction: Some people with signs of HSDD find sex aversive, traumatic, painful, or boring. They are unable to become aroused under any circumstance.
If you are suffering from symptoms of hypoactive sexual desire disorder, you should not hesitate to seek medical help immediately.
© Newsmax. All rights reserved.