A nutritious herb, Ginseng is a slow-growing perennial plant with fleshy roots that typically grows in Northern China, Korea, and eastern Siberia. While it also is believed to be a powerful natural aphrodisiac and tonic, here are the plant’s top health benefits:
1) Aiding in type 2 diabetes: Studies on American Ginseng have found that the intake of ginseng may improve blood sugar control by creating sugar-lowering effects in fasting and after-meal blood sugar levels. The effect was noticed even in average blood sugar levels over a three-month period.
2) For weight control: An extract from the ginseng berry is believed to be effective against obesity and helpful with weight control. Ginseng tea works as a natural appetite suppressant.
3) Physical/mental health stimulant: Ginseng is believed to be a good tonic that benefits one’s stamina and helps boost energy levels. It helps athletes use oxygen more effectively, and it is believed to regulate metabolism, which can increase energy levels. Consumption of ginseng can also help athletes lower their recovery time and reduce stress. In addition, ginseng tea can act as a stimulant for the brain cells and help improve concentration and thinking ability.
4) Male sexual function: Consuming ginseng tea can help men lessen the symptoms of sex related conditions like erectile dysfunction. Korean Red Ginseng has long been used to stimulate male sexual function. However, be sure to discuss this with your doctor before taking; ginseng may interact with other drugs or cause allergic reactions.
5) Menstrual problems: Young women who suffer from menstrual cramps and distress are advised to take American Ginseng Tea. It is also believed to lessen stomach pain associated with menstruation.
© Newsmax. All rights reserved.