Christmas is a special holiday no matter where it's spent. But, some places celebrate it with more style and in a bigger way than others. For people who really want to spend the holiday in style, here is a list of the five best places to vacation over Christmas:
- Salzburg, Austria. Every year from November 18 to December 26 Salzburg turns its city center into the Salzburger Christkindlmarkt, or Christmas Market. It is a little kitschy, but it's charming and very popular. The market features several nativity scenes, caroling, and mulled cider. This is what makes it one of the five best places to spend Christmas.
- Boston, Massachusetts. The reason that this is one of the 5 best places to spend Christmas is because it brings back the charm of New England holidays. Visit Trinity Church for caroling by candlelight. Instead of ham or turkey, try eating lobster, which is a popular holiday dinner in Boston.
- Nuremberg, Germany. The Nurnberger Christkindlesmarkt is what makes this town one of the top five best places to spend Christmas. Every year, more than 2 million people venture out to Nuremberg. Among other features is a wooden Ferris wheel, the Toy museum, and the German Railway Museum. This market is open from November 26 to December 24.
- New York City. Rockefeller Center is what makes New York one of the five best places to spend Christmas. Each year, they have a giant tree that has more than five miles of lights on it. After viewing the tree, rent a pair of skates and use the famous Rockefeller ice rink. The tree is lit at the end of November.
- London. One of the charms of this city is a walking tour that follows Dickens' "A Christmas Carol" and visits the places that Tiny Tim, Pickwick, and Scrooge lived. For a holiday shopping treat, visit Oxford Circle, which is filled with more than 300 shops, all covered with Christmas lights.
© Newsmax. All rights reserved.