Tags: warren buffett | heinz | job cuts | berkshire hathaway

Buffett-Backed Heinz Weighs Almost 250 Job Cuts in UK, Ireland

Wednesday, 21 August 2013 01:08 PM EDT

HJ Heinz Co., the ketchup maker taken private this year by Warren Buffett’s Berkshire Hathaway Inc. and Jorge Paulo Lemann’s 3G Capital, said its weighing job cuts in the U.K. and Ireland.

“Heinz continues to examine every aspect of our business globally to ensure we are operating as efficiently and effectively as possible in order to reach our growth goals,” Michael Mullen, a spokesman for Pittsburgh-based Heinz wrote in an e-mailed statement.

Proposals “may result in the elimination of 248 office positions across the U.K. and Ireland. We regret the impact this may have.”

SkyNews previously reported on the potential job cuts.


© Copyright 2026 Bloomberg News. All rights reserved.


StreetTalk
HJ Heinz Co., the ketchup maker taken private this year by Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway Inc. and Jorge Paulo Lemann's 3G Capital, said its weighing job cuts in the U.K. and Ireland.
warren buffett,heinz,job cuts,berkshire hathaway
102
2013-08-21
Wednesday, 21 August 2013 01:08 PM
Newsmax Media, Inc.

Sign up for Newsmax’s Daily Newsletter

Receive breaking news and original analysis - sent right to your inbox.

(Optional for Local News)
Privacy: We never share your email address.
Join the Newsmax Community
Read and Post Comments
Please review Community Guidelines before posting a comment.
 
Get Newsmax Text Alerts
TOP

Newsmax, Moneynews, Newsmax Health, and Independent. American. are registered trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc. Newsmax TV, and Newsmax World are trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc.

NEWSMAX.COM
MONEYNEWS.COM
© Newsmax Media, Inc.
All Rights Reserved
NEWSMAX.COM
MONEYNEWS.COM
© Newsmax Media, Inc.
All Rights Reserved