Tags: bank | fraud | Holder | cases

US Plans New Bank Fraud Cases in Early 2014

Wednesday, 04 December 2013 11:25 AM EST

The U.S. Justice Department plans to bring civil mortgage fraud cases against several financial institutions early in 2014 using as a template the case that ended last month in JPMorgan Chase & Co.'s $13 billion settlement, Attorney General Eric Holder said on Wednesday.

In an interview with Reuters, Holder would not say which firms or how many could face suits but said the Justice Department was in contact with them about the cases and it was hard to say whether the talks would lead to settlements.

"We have a number of investigations that are coming to a head at the same time," he said. "It is my hope that the next round of these cases will be filed soon after the new year."

© 2026 Thomson/Reuters. All rights reserved.


Personal-Finance
The U.S. Justice Department plans to bring civil mortgage fraud cases against several financial institutions early in 2014 using as a template the case that ended last month in JPMorgan Chase & Co.'s $13 billion settlement, Attorney General Eric Holder said on Wednesday.
bank,fraud,Holder,cases
123
2013-25-04
Wednesday, 04 December 2013 11:25 AM
Newsmax Media, Inc.

Sign up for Newsmax’s Daily Newsletter

Receive breaking news and original analysis - sent right to your inbox.

(Optional for Local News)
Privacy: We never share your email address.
Join the Newsmax Community
Read and Post Comments
Please review Community Guidelines before posting a comment.
 
Get Newsmax Text Alerts
TOP

Newsmax, Moneynews, Newsmax Health, and Independent. American. are registered trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc. Newsmax TV, and Newsmax World are trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc.

NEWSMAX.COM
MONEYNEWS.COM
© Newsmax Media, Inc.
All Rights Reserved
NEWSMAX.COM
MONEYNEWS.COM
© Newsmax Media, Inc.
All Rights Reserved