Tags: apple | samsung | smartphone | court

Appeals Court Revives Apple Bid for Samsung Injunction

Monday, 18 November 2013 01:09 PM EST

A federal appeals court is ordering a lower court to reconsider Apple's attempt to block eight Samsung phones from the U.S. market because the products violate patents held by Apple.

The appeals court says the lower court should reconsider Apple's request for a permanent injunction on the grounds that Samsung's products infringe three utility patents. It says the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California was right to deny Apple the injunction based on three design patents and the general appearance of the products.

Apple sued Samsung in April 2011, and last year a jury awarded Apple more than $1 billion. The award was reduced and a new trial was ordered.

Apple wants $380 million, and Samsung says it should only have to pay $52 million.

© Copyright 2026 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.


Companies
A federal appeals court is ordering a lower court to reconsider Apple's attempt to block eight Samsung phones from the U.S. market because the products violate patents held by Apple.
apple,samsung,smartphone,court
128
2013-09-18
Monday, 18 November 2013 01:09 PM
Newsmax Media, Inc.

Sign up for Newsmax’s Daily Newsletter

Receive breaking news and original analysis - sent right to your inbox.

(Optional for Local News)
Privacy: We never share your email address.
Join the Newsmax Community
Read and Post Comments
Please review Community Guidelines before posting a comment.
 
Get Newsmax Text Alerts
TOP

Newsmax, Moneynews, Newsmax Health, and Independent. American. are registered trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc. Newsmax TV, and Newsmax World are trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc.

NEWSMAX.COM
MONEYNEWS.COM
© Newsmax Media, Inc.
All Rights Reserved
NEWSMAX.COM
MONEYNEWS.COM
© Newsmax Media, Inc.
All Rights Reserved