Tags: ML | Yemen | United States

Yemen Denies NY Times Report of Halt to US Ground Operations

Yemen Denies NY Times Report of Halt to US Ground Operations

Wednesday, 08 February 2017 08:58 AM

CAIRO — Yemen's foreign minister says it has asked for a "reassessment" of a U.S. raid last month that killed several women and children, but denies that his government has requested a suspension of American ground operations.

The New York Times reported Tuesday night that Yemen had withdrawn permission for the U.S. to run Special Operations missions there.

Abdul-Malik al-Mekhlafi said Wednesday that "Yemen continues to cooperate with the United States and continues to abide by all the agreements." He added that the government "is involved in talks with the U.S. administration on the latest raid."

He said reports that Yemen has demanded a halt to U.S. special operations are "not true."

The Jan. 28 raid against al-Qaida militants in central Yemen killed several women and children. A Navy SEAL was also killed in the raid, and six U.S. soldiers were wounded.

© Copyright 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

   
1Like our page
2Share
Newsfront
Yemen's foreign minister says it has asked for a "reassessment" of a U.S. raid last month that killed several women and children, but denies that his government has requested a suspension of American ground operations.
ML, Yemen, United States
141
2017-58-08
Wednesday, 08 February 2017 08:58 AM
Newsmax Media, Inc.
 
 

Newsmax, Moneynews, Newsmax Health, and Independent. American. are registered trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc. Newsmax TV, and Newsmax World are trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc.

NEWSMAX.COM
© Newsmax Media, Inc.
All Rights Reserved