Tags: EU | Montenegro | US Embassy

US Embassy in Montenegro Reopens after Bomb Incident

Friday, 23 February 2018 09:37 AM

PODGORICA, Montenegro (AP) — The U.S. embassy in the Montenegrin capital of Podgorica has reopened a day after an ex-Yugoslav soldier hurled a hand grenade into the compound and then killed himself with another one.

The embassy said Friday on Twitter it's "open for business as usual following yesterday's incident."

The blast around midnight Wednesday created a crater in the embassy's yard but injured no one. Police are investigating possible motives and whether the attacker acted alone.

The suspect has been identified as Dalibor Jaukovic, who served in the Yugoslav military during the 1999 NATO bombing of Serbia. He was reportedly opposed to Montenegro's membership in NATO.

Montenegro and Serbia were part of Yugoslavia during the NATO bombing. Montenegro split from Serbia in 2006 and joined NATO last year.

© Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

   
1Like our page
2Share
GlobalTalk
The U.S. embassy in the Montenegrin capital of Podgorica has reopened a day after an ex-Yugoslav soldier hurled a hand grenade into the compound and then killed himself with another one.The embassy said Friday on Twitter it's "open for business as usual following...
EU,Montenegro,US Embassy
128
2018-37-23
Friday, 23 February 2018 09:37 AM
Newsmax Media, Inc.
 
 

Newsmax, Moneynews, Newsmax Health, and Independent. American. are registered trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc. Newsmax TV, and Newsmax World are trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc.

NEWSMAX.COM
© Newsmax Media, Inc.
All Rights Reserved