Tags: EU | Moldova | Restaurant Fire

Man Dies from Burns Suffered in Moldova Restaurant Blast

Wednesday, 27 January 2016 03:07 PM

CHISINAU, Moldova (AP) — Moldovan authorities say a man has died of injuries he suffered after a bottle of gas exploded at a restaurant last week, injuring 20 people.

The Health Ministry said a 63-year-old man died Sunday from extensive burns that he sustained in the blast during lunchtime hours on Jan. 9 at the La Soacra restaurant in downtown Chisinau.

Twenty people were hospitalized in Moldova, and three were later transported to neighboring Romania for treatment.

Police arrested the two restaurant managers, who are charged with violating work safety regulations and causing serious bodily harm because of imprudence.

Firefighters extinguished the blaze in 15 minutes. It spread over a surface of 55 square meters (590 square feet).

© Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

   
1Like our page
2Share
Europe
Moldovan authorities say a man has died of injuries he suffered after a bottle of gas exploded at a restaurant last week, injuring 20 people.The Health Ministry said a 63-year-old man died Sunday from extensive burns that he sustained in the blast during lunchtime hours on...
EU,Moldova,Restaurant Fire
117
2016-07-27
Wednesday, 27 January 2016 03:07 PM
Newsmax Media, Inc.
 
 

Newsmax, Moneynews, Newsmax Health, and Independent. American. are registered trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc. Newsmax TV, and Newsmax World are trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc.

NEWSMAX.COM
© Newsmax Media, Inc.
All Rights Reserved