×
Newsmax TV & Webwww.newsmax.comFREE - In Google Play
VIEW
×
Newsmax TV & Webwww.newsmax.comFREE - On the App Store
VIEW
Tags: Britain | Prince Harry | Threat

Man Who Threatened Prince Harry's Life Sentenced

Monday, 10 February 2014 12:18 PM

LONDON — A man who threatened the life of Prince Harry has been sentenced to three years in prison.

A judge said Monday that 31-year-old Ashraf Islam presented a risk to the public. He had pleaded guilty last year to threatening the prince.

Islam was arrested after walking into a police station and making threats a day after a British soldier was killed on a London street on May 22. He was investigated by counter-terrorist police but was not charged with any terrorist offenses.

Judge Richard McGregor-Johnson says investigators found that Islam had been tracking Harry's whereabouts and travel plans.

The judge says Islam had given "considerable thought" to his plot against the prince.

Harry was third in line for the British throne at the time of the threat.

© Copyright 2021 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.


Europe
A man who threatened the life of Prince Harry has been sentenced to three years in prison. A judge said Monday that 31-year-old Ashraf Islam presented a risk to the public. He had pleaded guilty last year to threatening the prince.
Britain,Prince Harry,Threat
128
2014-18-10
Monday, 10 February 2014 12:18 PM
Newsmax Media, Inc.
Join the Newsmax Community
Read and Post Comments
Please review Community Guidelines before posting a comment.
 
 
TOP

Newsmax, Moneynews, Newsmax Health, and Independent. American. are registered trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc. Newsmax TV, and Newsmax World are trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc.

NEWSMAX.COM
© Newsmax Media, Inc.
All Rights Reserved
NEWSMAX.COM
© Newsmax Media, Inc.
All Rights Reserved