The official report of the House Select Committee on Benghazi has been released, with the damning conclusion that the Obama administration never attempted to deploy military assets or troops during the entire 13-hour terrorist assault on the U.S. Special Mission Compound.
The Select Committee report further confirms what Judicial Watch already uncovered through its independent investigations. Our investigation continues.
As with the Clinton email obstruction, our Benghazi FOIA lawsuit is the subject of court-ordered discovery. This report proves beyond all doubt that after four Americans died in Benghazi, the Obama administration lied.
While we appreciate the Select Committee’s efforts, Judicial Watch’s Benghazi effort has been one of the most significant non-government investigations in modern American history.
The upshot of this report is that high-ranking appointees of the Obama administration lied in the aftermath of the murders of an ambassador and three other Americans.
Sadly, most in the mainstream media could barely suppress their yawns at the new information provided by the House Select Committee, previously uncovered by Judicial Watch’s investigators.
As Reps. Mike Pompeo and Jim Jordan said in a supplement to the official report: “We are now convinced, contrary to the administration’s public claim that the military did not have time to get to Benghazi, that the administration never launched men or machines to help directly in the fight. That is very different from what we have been told to date. And the evidence is compelling.”
On Dec. 8, 2015, Judicial Watch issued a news release providing proof positive that what the House Select Committee is now reporting is accurate beyond a shadow of a doubt: "A new Benghazi email from then-Department of Defense Chief of Staff Jeremy Bash to State Department leadership immediately offering 'forces that could move to Benghazi' during the terrorist attack on the U.S. Special Mission Compound in Benghazi, Libya, on September 11, 2012.
"In an email sent to top Department of State officials, at 7:19 p.m. ET, only hours after the attack had begun, Bash says, 'we have identified the forces that could move to Benghazi. They are spinning up as we speak.'
"The Obama administration redacted the details of the military forces available, oddly citing a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) exemption that allows the withholding of 'deliberative process' information."
An in-depth analysis of the Obama administration “spinning up” deception can be found in the December 2015 Weekly Update
Recall that JW got the ball rolling on the Select Committee back in 2014. On April 29, 2014, uncovered
a then-newly declassified email showing former White House Deputy Strategic Communications Adviser Ben Rhodes and other Obama administration public relations officials orchestrating a campaign to “reinforce” President Obama and to portray the Benghazi terrorist attack as being “rooted in an internet video, and not a failure of policy.”
Other documents show that State Department officials initially described the incident as an “attack” and a possible kidnap attempt. The release of these documents directly led to the formation of the Benghazi Special Select Committee.
Again, our investigation continues. Even the Select Committee is still conducting interviews
, despite having released a report!
Tom Fitton is the president of Judicial Watch. He is a nationally recognized expert on government corruption. A former talk radio and television host and analyst, Tom is well known across the country as a national spokesperson for the conservative cause. He has been quoted in Time, Vanity Fair, The Washington Post, The New York Times, and most every other major newspaper in the country. For more of his reports, Go Here Now.
© 2021 Newsmax. All rights reserved.