A scorpion fell from an overhead bin and stung a man on a United Airlines flight from Houston to Calgary on Sunday, another blow for the airline this week.
Richard Bell was traveling from Houston to Calgary Sunday when he was stung by the scorpion, according to CNBC. United told CNBC a physician on the ground was immediately contacted by the crew to give advice and help with treatment while the flight was in the air.
Bell’s injuries were not life-threatening and the flight was met by medical staff when it landed.
The scorpion apparently came on board accidentally with a couple who were vacationing in Mexico, The Washington Post said. When it dropped onto Bell’s hair, he shook it out onto his tray table and then it stung him when he tried to pick it up.
Crew members got rid of the scorpion by flushing it down the toilet, and Bell remarked that it just “felt like a wasp sting,” the Post reported.
The news was further bad press for United, which has been dealing with backlash from a weekend incident in which a passenger was violently removed from a flight when United needed to accommodate four crew members on a fully booked flight.
Twitter fans had a field day with the scorpion news, following United’s previous troubles.
© 2021 Newsmax. All rights reserved.