Tags: trump tower | fire | cause | power strip

Trump Tower Fire Cause: Overloaded Power Strips

Trump Tower Fire Cause: Overloaded Power Strips
A firefighter looks out from the window of a damaged apartment in Trump Tower. (AP Photo/Craig Ruttle)

By    |   Tuesday, 17 April 2018 12:36 PM

The Trump Tower fire that burned out an apartment and left the resident dead was caused by overloaded power strips, New York City fire officials said, per ABC News.

The FDNY said the four-alarm blaze earlier this month was an accident resulting from “sequenced power strips powering multiple components.”

There was no fire alarm in the apartment, officials added.

Todd Brassner, 67, was killed and several firefighters were injured by the flames lapping the 50th floor of the building on Fifth Avenue, CNN reported.

Brassner was found unconscious and unresponsive in his apartment and hauled to safety by firefighters, but he died after being admitted to a hospital in critical condition.

The building did have sprinklers because it was erected in 1983, when building codes did not require them, CBS News reported.

© 2018 Newsmax. All rights reserved.

   
1Like our page
2Share
TheWire
The Trump Tower fire that burned out an apartment and left the resident dead was caused by overloaded power strips, New York City fire officials said.
trump tower, fire, cause, power strip
174
2018-36-17
Tuesday, 17 April 2018 12:36 PM
Newsmax Media, Inc.
 

Newsmax, Moneynews, Newsmax Health, and Independent. American. are registered trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc. Newsmax TV, and Newsmax World are trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc.

NEWSMAX.COM
America's News Page
© Newsmax Media, Inc.
All Rights Reserved