Donald Trump benefited from the support of celebrities during the 2016 presidential campaign, even though an overwhelming number of stars backed his opponent Hillary Clinton. The president-elect could also use their encouragement in the years ahead.
Trump continues to face opposition ahead of his January inauguration, and his bold backers may come in handy when the going gets rough. Hollywood celebs and performers have been known for their strong liberal views, so the voices of Trump supporters remain an important factor in his success.
Here are Trump’s 12 favorite celebrities who backed him:
1. Clint Eastwood — He admitted that Trump said “some foolish things,” but “says what is on his mind,” the Daily Express noted. “Trump was on to something because — secretly — so many people are getting tired of political correctness and kissing up.”
Urgent: Should President Trump Abolish Obamacare? Vote Here Now
2. Ted Nugent — The conservative rocker echoed Eastwood’s feelings when he attacked Trump doubters in a 2015 article for the World Net Daily, writing, “Donald Trump’s message sings to Americans because he doesn’t play politically correct brain-dead games. He calls them like he sees them.”
3. Loretta Lynn — The country singer openly endorsed Trump, telling Reuters in January that "he’s the only one who’s going to turn this country around."
4. Jon Voight — After endorsing Trump, the Academy Award-winning actor said, “I pray all Americans who have seen and felt the meltdown of America with the Obama years, to please fight for Donald Trump,” according to Breitbart.
5. Kanye West — During a recent California performance as part of his Saint Pablo tour, the controversial rapper and songwriter told a stunned audience that he didn’t vote. “But if I would have voted, I would have voted on Trump,” he said, according to The Washington Post.
6. Fabio — The Italian-born model, who became a U.S. citizen earlier this year, has praised the president-elect's immigration policies before in the past. “Donald Trump speaks his mind,” he told the New York Post's Page Six. “If you like it or you don’t like it, at least you know where he stands." Fabio was also a guest at Trump's Mar-a-Lago club in Florida over Thanksgiving, where the billionaire businessman reportedly polled guests on who his secretary of state pick should be, according to the Post.
Doctor: You Can Assess Your Heart Attack Risk in Second Online – Click Here for Free Test
7. Kirstie Alley — After publicly praising Trump, the actress made a formal endorsement on social media. "HELLO BOYS! this (sic) is my formal endorsement of @realDonaldTrump & I'm a woman! (last I checked)," she tweeted in April.
8. Tom Brady — The New England Patriots quarterback made no secret about his support for Trump, but stayed away from openly endorsing him to avoid controversy.
9. Stacey Dash — The Fox News contributor and star of “Clueless” said Trump’s business sense gives him “the Rolodex to get to the people around the world who make the decisions,” according to Business Insider.
10. Willie Robertson — The “Duck Dynasty” star was behind Trump from the beginning of the campaign. “He represents success and strength, two attributes our country needs,” he said, according to amNew York.
11. Teresa Giudice — The "Real Housewives of New Jersey" star and "Celebrity Apprentice" alum defended Trump throughout his campaign and told Bravo's "Watch What Happens Live," "Of course I’m gonna vote for Donald Trump . . . I think he’s amazing. I think he’ll make a great president."
12. Dennis Rodman — The former NBA athlete is another long-time friend of Trump’s, explains the International Business Times. Rodman once tweeted, “We don’t need another politician, we need a businessman like Mr. Trump!”
Urgent: Tell President Trump What He Should Do First – Take the Poll Here!
3 Health Tips That Can Prolong Your Life:
• Tip: The One Thing Your Thyroid Needs Every Morning
• Alert: Blood Pressure Information Your Doctor Hasn’t Told You
• Neurosurgeon: This Brain Formula Saves Your Memory
© 2021 Newsmax. All rights reserved.