Tags: sylvester stallone | sexual assault | case

Sylvester Stallone Sexual Assault Case Being Reviewed by Los Angeles DA

Sylvester Stallone Sexual Assault Case Being Reviewed by Los Angeles DA
Sylvester Stallone (Dreamstime)

By    |   Thursday, 14 June 2018 06:51 AM

Sylvester Stallone sexual assault allegations from the 1990s are being reviewed by the Los Angeles district attorney's office, the Los Angeles Times reported on Wednesday.

The three-time Academy Award nominee, 71, was notified and disputed the claims, Stallone's attorney Martin Singer told the Times.

The Times noted that criminal allegations made in the 1990s could not be charged under California law because of the statute of limitations that existed at the time, but California Gov. Jerry Brown signed legislation amending that code in 2016 so that some crimes, including rape, forcible sodomy, and molestation of a child can be charged.

"We got a complaint that was made in November of alleged sexual misconduct in the 1990s," Santa Monica Police Department spokesman Saul Rodriguez told Reuters. "We are looking into it and will gather information and whatever we discover will be passed to the district attorney."

Rodriguez didn’t provide details but added that the alleged crime could fall within the state's complex statute of limitations for such crimes.

Singer told The New York Post's Page Six in a story posted on Thursday that Stallone and the alleged victim had a "consensual sexual relationship" for several years after the two met in Israel where the actor was filming "Rambo III."

The couple later broke off the relationship and Stallone never heard from the woman again until the sexual assault allegations surfaced late last year at the height of the #MeToo social media movement sparked by the Harvey Weinstein scandal, the Post said.

"This woman filed a police report after a website would not publish her story," Singer charged, according to Page Six. "She came forward trying to get a story published in November about Stallone with an entertainment website.”

"The woman claimed there was someone who could corroborate what happened. When questioned by the site, the person told a reporter that her claims were absolutely false. They said (the alleged victim) was always boasting about her relationship with Stallone," Singer continued.

The Daily Mail reported that another woman claimed she was sexually assaulted by Stallone and his bodyguard in Las Vegas back in 1986 when she was 16, a charge the actor denies as well.

That allegation, which also surfaced late last year, supposedly happened at the Las Vegas Hilton with bodyguard Michael De Luca, the Daily Mail said. De Luca died in 2013 after being shot by California police during a traffic stop.

Stallone, 40 at the time, was filming the movie "Over the Top." The actor was married to actress Brigitte Nielsen at the time, who he divorced in 1987.

The woman claimed she never filed police charges against Stallone because she was ashamed, the Daily Mail said.

© 2018 Newsmax. All rights reserved.

   
1Like our page
2Share
TheWire
Sylvester Stallone sexual assault allegations from the 1990s reportedly are being reviewed by the Los Angeles district attorney's office.
sylvester stallone, sexual assault, case
449
2018-51-14
Thursday, 14 June 2018 06:51 AM
Newsmax Media, Inc.
 

Newsmax, Moneynews, Newsmax Health, and Independent. American. are registered trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc. Newsmax TV, and Newsmax World are trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc.

NEWSMAX.COM
America's News Page
© Newsmax Media, Inc.
All Rights Reserved