Tags: san bernardino | offices | terrorism | shutdown

San Bernardino County Offices Reopen After Terrorist Attack

San Bernardino County Offices Reopen After Terrorist Attack
People hold candles during a vigil for San Bernardino County employees after last week's shooting. (Patrick T. Fallon/Reuters)

By    |   Tuesday, 08 December 2015 09:06 AM

Most San Bernardino County offices reopened on Monday, five days after a terror attack at a public health department holiday party killed 14 and injured 21 others.

The shooting at the Inland Regional Center in San Bernardino sent shockwaves throughout the country and stunned the local community. One of the shooters, Syed Rizwan Farook, worked at the county's environmental health department, which will remain closed until Dec. 14, said KTLA-TV.

"We are all deeply saddened by the events that occurred this past week," said a statement on the San Bernardino County website from Trudy Raymundo, director of the county's public health department, and Corwin Porter, the assistant director.

"We mourn the loss of our fallen friends and pray for those injured to recover. Some of us witnessed horrific scenes unfold in front of our eyes. This has shaken all of us. Yet, we are grateful for the many lives that were spared. We need to come together and strengthen one another other as we say goodbye to our beloved coworkers and seek to heal wounded hearts."

Raymundo and Porter said security would be increased in the county's public health buildings to give workers "added peace of mind."

The Los Angeles Times said 70 employees from the county's health department attended Wednesday's party. Twelve of the 14 people killed were county employees.

San Bernardino County officials were asking help from nearby counties and local universities to assist them in covering some 60,000 annual safety and quality inspections of restaurants, food trucks, swimming pools, mosquito hot spots and other sites in the sprawling county, said the Times.

© 2021 Newsmax. All rights reserved.


TheWire
Most San Bernardino County offices reopened on Monday, five days after a terror attack at a public health department holiday party killed 14 and injured 21 others.
san bernardino, offices, terrorism, shutdown
266
2015-06-08
Tuesday, 08 December 2015 09:06 AM
Newsmax Media, Inc.
 

Newsmax, Moneynews, Newsmax Health, and Independent. American. are registered trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc. Newsmax TV, and Newsmax World are trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc.

NEWSMAX.COM
America's News Page
© Newsmax Media, Inc.
All Rights Reserved