Tags: rosanne barr | spinoff

Barr Reacts Rather Nicely to a 'Roseanne' Spinoff Without Her

Barr Reacts Rather Nicely to a 'Roseanne' Spinoff Without Her
Roseanne Barr (Richard Shotwell/Invision/AP)

By    |   Friday, 22 June 2018 09:17 AM

Roseanne Barr has reacted rather nicely to the announcement Thursday that a spinoff of the hit comedy "Roseanne" is moving on without her, "Entertainment Tonight" reported. There were other reports, though, that she still felt she had been "thrown under the bus" by some of the cast.

"I regret the circumstances that have caused me to be removed from 'Roseanne,'" Barr said in a statement. "I agreed to the settlement in order that 200 jobs of beloved cast and crew could be saved, and I wish the best for everyone involved."

ABC said it has ordered a 10-episode series of the spinoff, tentatively called "The Conners," for the fall. That comes nearly a month after the network abruptly cancelled a revival of the 1990s "Roseanne," which had quickly become one this TV seasons’s most popular series and got a thumbs up from President Donald Trump.

All this has followed the Barr tweet last month that will go down in Hollywood history.

'ET' said John Goodman, Laurie Metcalf, Sara Gilbert, Lecy Goranson, and Michael Fishman will all return to reprise their characters in the new series in which the television family will face "new challenges."

According to Vanity Fair, ABC gave this minimal description of the spin-off: "After a sudden turn of events, the Conners are forced to face the daily struggles of life in Lanford in a way they never have before."

"Roseanne," which had been off the air since 1997, went dark again last month after Barr had suggested on Twitter that Valerie Jarrett, an adviser to former President Barack Obama, was a cross between the "Muslim Brotherhood" and "Planet of the Apes."

People magazine reported earlier this week that negotiations had started to let the show move on without its main star.

"There are still issues to hash out," a source had told People. "The key has been how a show can be done where Roseanne neither participates nor profits. As of now, she has agreed, at least in theory, to forego any creative or financial involvement in the spinoff to help save the cast and crew jobs."

After the cancellation, Barr said on Twitter that she was "… making restitution for the pain I have caused."

Barr had initially ripped some of her costars, like Sara Gilbert, for speaking out against her tweet, charging they were "throwing [her] under the bus" after the show was canceled, The Daily Beast reported.

"I created the platform for that inclusivity and you know it. ME," Barr said on Twitter. "You throw me under the bus. Nice!"

Some on social media remained cool to the spinoff idea.

© 2019 Newsmax. All rights reserved.

   
1Like our page
2Share
TheWire
Roseanne Barr has reacted rather nicely to the announcement Thursday that a spinoff of the hit comedy "Roseanne" is moving on without her, "Entertainment Tonight" reported. There were other reports, though, that she still felt she had been "thrown under the bus" by some of the cast.
rosanne barr, spinoff
470
2018-17-22
Friday, 22 June 2018 09:17 AM
Newsmax Media, Inc.
 

Newsmax, Moneynews, Newsmax Health, and Independent. American. are registered trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc. Newsmax TV, and Newsmax World are trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc.

NEWSMAX.COM
America's News Page
© Newsmax Media, Inc.
All Rights Reserved