Tags: roman polanski | molestation | charge | declined

Roman Polanski Won't Be Charged in Separate Molestation

Roman Polanski Won't Be Charged in Separate Molestation

Roman Polanski attends the 'D'apres une histoire vraie' premiere at the 13th Zurich Film Festival on Oct. 2, 2017, in Zurich, Switzerland. (Andreas Rentz/Getty Images)

By    |   Tuesday, 09 January 2018 09:09 AM

Roman Polanski won't be charged in a separate molestation case in which the Oscar-winning director was accused of abusing a minor in 1975, because the claims are too old, the Los Angeles Times reported.

The allegations were reported in October by Marianne Barnard, who accused Polanski of molesting her during a photo shoot when she was 10 years old, Fox News noted.

After being provided with details by investigators last month, Deputy District Attorney Michele Hanisee formally declined the case, the L.A. Times said, noting that the statute of limitations has expired.

At the time, LAPD communications director, Josh Rubenstein declared the department's commitment to investigating the case, noting that evidence could still aid in the prosecution of other cases even if charges were not brought forth.

Polanski fled the U.S. 40 years ago after pleading guilty to raping a 13-year-old girl in 1979, and has been living in Europe since, Variety noted.

Since then, six women have come forth with similar accusations of sexual abuse, most claiming the assault happened while they were minors.

Most recently, Deadline noted that another accuser known as "Robin M" claimed Polanski "sexually victimized" her in 1973 when she was 16 years old.

Despite the allegations Polanski remains actively involved in the film industry.

Barnard started an online petition calling to have Polanski kicked off the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, where he is a member, the L.A. Times said.

Barnard noted that the board voted to have Harvey Weinstein's membership revoked and was calling for the same to be done to Polanski.

"It is a small consequence for him considering his crimes and the great amount of harm he has caused me and his other victims," she wrote.

© 2018 Newsmax. All rights reserved.

   
1Like our page
2Share
TheWire
Prosecutors reportedly won't charge Roman Polanski in a separate molestation case in which the Oscar-winning director was accused of abusing a minor in 1975, because the claims are too old.
roman polanski, molestation, charge, declined
290
2018-09-09
Tuesday, 09 January 2018 09:09 AM
Newsmax Media, Inc.
 

Newsmax, Moneynews, Newsmax Health, and Independent. American. are registered trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc. Newsmax TV, and Newsmax World are trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc.

NEWSMAX.COM
America's News Page
© Newsmax Media, Inc.
All Rights Reserved