Are you sick of being harassed by robocalls? You're not alone. Last year Americans were bombarded with 26.3 billion robocalls, which is 46% more than the year before, according to Business Insider. And the numbers continue to rise.
It is a national issue but certain area codes are more affected than others. Like Texas, where several cities were the most prominent targets for scammers, robocallers, and telemarketers in October, RoboCall Data Tracker reported. Other cities in Nevada, California and Florida also were included in the report, which has flagged the "robocall problem status" as an epidemic.
Just how bad is the situation? According to the report, 4.9 billion robocalls were made in October alone, which equates to nearly 17 spam calls for every person.
The most common complaint to the Federal Communications Commission is unwanted calls, with more than 200,000 grievances being filed each year, according to Fox Business. Attempts to stop these robocalls are being made however, advances in technology allow for a massive number of these calls to be placed.
Here are the 10 cities where people were the most harassed in October by robocalls:
10. Miami, Florida- total spam calls: 26,864,179
9. New Jersey- total spam calls: 29,597,083
8. New York City- total spam calls: 34,526,177
7. Los Angeles, California- total spam calls: 38,228,494
6. Austin, Texas- total spam calls: 51,984,167
5. Las Vegas, Nevada- total spam calls: 56,009,800
4. Fort Worth, Texas- total spam calls: 56,602,277
3. San Antonio, Texas- total spam calls: 57,751,309
2. Houston, Texas- total spam calls: 59,622,038
1. Dallas, Texas- total spam calls: 72,751,990
© 2023 Newsmax. All rights reserved.