A gigantic python was found and subsequently trapped inside a barbeque grill by residents in Florida City, Florida, last Thursday, just before the start of the long holiday weekend.
According to ABC News
, Miami-Dade Fire Rescue’s venom unit responded to the home after receiving a call from the residents. The team was able to remove the python around 10 p.m.
Miami-Dade Fire Rescue spokesman Arnold Piedrahita Jr. posted a picture of the capture on Twitter, acknowledging the residents' help in trapping the serpent in one place.
Urgent: Do You Approve Or Disapprove of President Obama's Job Performance? Vote Now in Urgent Poll
After the capture, the snake was measured and turned out to be more than 12 feet in length. It was identified as a Burmese python, which are native to Asia and listed as an invasive species in Florida.
Residents said they came upon the python while it was snaking across the middle of the road in their gated community and knew they had to corral it.
"We managed to get it in the barbecue and under the cover of the barbecue," Juan Rivero Sr. told Bay News 9
. "The owner of the house brought us a pillow case, and eventually the tail just went in the pillowcase, so we had to use the barbecue cover to get it into it."
Resident Daryl Brooks told reporters at WFTV Orlando
they "wrestled it and it tried to wrap around the man's arm and stuff. We held it for a good 30 to 45 minutes before fire rescue came and took it."
"She was beautiful," he added.
The venom unit confirmed that the python was a wild one and not an escaped pet. They turned it over to the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission, which is responsible for its relocation back into the wild.
Urgent: Assess Your Heart Attack Risk in Minutes. Click Here.
© 2022 Newsmax. All rights reserved.