Tags: man | cement | head | microwave | firefighters | rescue

Man Who Cemented Head Inside Microwave Rescued by Firefighters

Image: Man Who Cemented Head Inside Microwave Rescued by Firefighters
Jay Swingler cemented his head inside a microwave for a YouTube stunt, but it went wrong. (YouTube)

By    |   Friday, 08 December 2017 04:20 PM

A British man who cemented his head inside a microwave as a YouTube prank had to be saved by firefighters after the cement caused his airway to be blocked.

Jay Swingler, 22, did the prank for his TGFbro YouTube channel Wednesday. He put his head, covered by a plastic bag and with a tube for breathing, into a microwave filled with a plaster called Polyfilla, then had a friend use a hair dryer to harden the plaster.

When Swingler stood up with the microwave cemented to his head, his airway was blocked, USA Today reported. In the video, he says, “I’m going to die.”

His friend tried to help him get the cemented microwave off his head, but it wouldn’t budge, so they made a hole to help him breathe and called 911.

It took five firefighters an hour to get the microwave apart and the plaster off his head. 

“As funny as this sounds, this young man could quite easily have suffocated or have been seriously injured,” West Midlands fire service crew watch commander Shaun Dakin said, The Guardian reported. “All of the group involved were very apologetic, but this was clearly a call-out which might have prevented us from helping someone else in genuine, accidental need.”

“This is as serious as it can get on this channel,” Swingler said says in the video. “Do not try this at home.”

After he was freed, Swingler said on the video, “I never appreciated life so much, ever.”

Some Twitter followers felt the video of the prank-gone-wrong should not have been posted because someone else might decide to try it, while others thought it made a good cautionary tale. 

Warning: This video contains explicit language.

© 2018 Newsmax. All rights reserved.

   
1Like our page
2Share
TheWire
A British man who cemented his head inside a microwave as a YouTube prank had to be saved by firefighters after the cement caused his airway to be blocked.
man, cement, head, microwave, firefighters, rescue
418
2017-20-08
Friday, 08 December 2017 04:20 PM
Newsmax Inc.
 

Newsmax, Moneynews, Newsmax Health, and Independent. American. are registered trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc. Newsmax TV, and Newsmax World are trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc.

NEWSMAX.COM
America's News Page
© Newsmax Media, Inc.
All Rights Reserved