The latest info on new features on Apple’s upcoming iPhone 8 has been leaked on the internet, bringing the new product close to the anticipation and attention enjoyed by the original iPhone introduced in 2007.
Three team members at Foxconn, a Chinese manufacturer that produces many Apple products, revealed the newest features on Reddit, causing a stir in the digital community.
The leakers were verified as employees of Foxconn by Reddit moderators, but their information on the phone has not been confirmed, according to Daniel Van Boom at CNET. The upgraded iPhone was set for release this year, but the insiders said production has been delayed.
The iPhone was referred to as “iPhone X” by the employees, but it might have been a code name, Forbes reported.
Among the features of the iPhone that has caused an online buzz:
- Wireless charging through a rear panel.
- Use of Apple’s Lightning input and not USB-C.
- A fingerprint sensor under its screen.
- Facial detection and retina scanning through a front camera.
- A dual rear camera with vertical alignment.
- Replacement for AuthenTech’s Touch ID capacitive touch module.
- Front facing camera modules.
- Composite glass has replaced the aluminum unibody with the iPhone 8, which is set for release along with refurbished iPhone 7S and iPhone 7S Plus.
- Touch ID under the glass that has not yet yielded good results.
- RAM remains at 3GB as is the iPhone 7 Plus.
AppleInsider, an Apple fansite, says that the insiders have been mistaken before. And while in production, companies don’t always include all the features they are working on by the time the product hits the market, Forbes noted.
© 2023 Newsmax. All rights reserved.