Tags: harrison ford | ankle | star wars

Harrison Ford's Ankle Injury Means 8 Weeks on 'Star Wars' Sidelines

Image: Harrison Ford's Ankle Injury Means 8 Weeks on 'Star Wars' Sidelines

By    |   Tuesday, 17 Jun 2014 09:06 AM

Harrison Ford broke his ankle last week while filming "Star Wars: Episode VII" in London, and now sources are saying the star will be laid up for eight weeks, potentially disrupting the schedule for the whole film.

"At the moment it looks like Harrison is going to be off set for 6-8 weeks but the main priority is making sure he is OK," an unnamed source told The Mirror.

Urgent: Do You Approve Or Disapprove of President Obama's Job Performance? Vote Now in Urgent Poll

"The initial day or two after the accident it was hard to move things around but now we have had more time we can juggle things, bring some scenes forward and push others back. There are lots of other actors in the movie so it is not a disaster. We are still confident the film can stay on schedule."

Ford, who is reprising his role as Han Solo in the new JJ Abrams-directed "Star Wars" sequel, was shooting last week when a hydraulic door on the Millennium Falcon reportedly fell on the 71-year-old, breaking his ankle.

Ben Ford, his son, said at the time his father may need surgery to add a plate and screws to the bone, The San Jose Mercury News reported. His mother and Ford's wife, Ally McBeal actress Calista Flockhart, flew from the U.S. to the U.K. to be with her husband while he recovered. 

Although Disney and Lucasfilm officials said the injury hasn't affected the overall schedule for the film's Dec. 18, 2015, release, the Mercury News stated "reports are circulating that major shifts in scheduling will be necessary," and some fans are a bit nervous.

Peter Mayhew (Chewbacca), Mark Hamill (Luke Skywalker), and Carrie Fisher (Princess Leia) are set to be joined by newcomers like "12 Years a Slave" star Lupita Nyong'o and "Game of Thrones'" Gwendoline Christie for the seventh installment of the "Star Wars" franchise.

Urgent: Assess Your Heart Attack Risk in Minutes. Click Here.

© 2017 Newsmax. All rights reserved.

   
1Like our page
2Share
TheWire
Harrison Ford broke his ankle last week while filming "Star Wars: Episode VII" in London, and now sources are saying the star will be laid up for eight weeks, potentially disrupting the schedule for the whole film.
harrison ford, ankle, star wars
330
2014-06-17
Tuesday, 17 Jun 2014 09:06 AM
Newsmax Inc.
 

Newsmax, Moneynews, Newsmax Health, and Independent. American. are registered trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc. Newsmax TV, and Newsmax World are trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc.

NEWSMAX.COM
America's News Page
© Newsmax Media, Inc.
All Rights Reserved