Tags: giuliani | prince | cover-up | benghazi

Giuliani: Media Protects 'The Prince'

Thursday, 25 Oct 2012 10:04 AM

Former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani all but accused the media Wednesday of complicity in what he said was a clear Obama administration cover-up of the attack on the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi, Libya that caused the deaths of  four Americans.
 
"If this were a Republican president, I think we'd be talking about impeachment at this point," Giuliani said on Fox News' "On the Record with Greta Van Susteren."
 
Reacting to reports the administration had real time knowledge of the Sept. 11 attack on the consulate through email traffic, Giuliani said the new information proves President Barack Obama knew early on that an al-Qaida-affiliated terrorist group had carried out the assault and tried to hide it.
 
"He owes an explanation to the American people as to why he didn't protect the ambassador and the people there. I mean, there was, there was . . . no reason for this man to die," said Giuliani, referring to Ambassador Chris Stevens.
 
Giuliani, a former GOP presidential contender who now supports Mitt Romney, said he believes the president and his campaign staff was "very worried about the political consequences" of the attack because it would destroy their claim that al-Qaida's ability to carry out attacks had been diminished because of the death of Osama bin Laden.  
 
"That's why they went so far to cover this up," he said.
 
Asked how the president could have possibly misled the American people knowing the truth would eventually come out, Giuliani responded: " They only had, what, two months to go [before the election]? You just wait it out . . . The Nixon administration waited out Watergate, right?"
 
Giuliani said the only thing worse than the changing stories from the administration about what happened in Benghazi is "the inability of the media," with the exceptions perhaps of "Fox News, CBS, and maybe CNN," to do any hard reporting on Benghazi.
 
"Because they protect [Obama]," he said. "He's the prince."
 
The former mayor and presidential candidate also drew attention to reports that the U.S. compound in Benghazi had been attacked on two previous occasions. He called it a sure indication that terrorist groups were operating in the area and the administration was aware of it.
 
"The cover-up is palpable. It's clear," he said, adding: "If you knew the prior history of that consulate, you don't even need the e-mail telling you the group that was claiming credit for it. You had to know this was a terrorist attack."
 
 

© 2017 Newsmax. All rights reserved.

   
1Like our page
2Share
TheWire
Former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani all but accused the media Wednesday of complicity in what he said was a clear Obama administration cover-up of the attack on the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi, Libya that caused the deaths of four Americans.
giuliani,prince,cover-up,benghazi
411
2012-04-25
Thursday, 25 Oct 2012 10:04 AM
Newsmax Inc.
 

Newsmax, Moneynews, Newsmax Health, and Independent. American. are registered trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc. Newsmax TV, and Newsmax World are trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc.

NEWSMAX.COM
America's News Page
© Newsmax Media, Inc.
All Rights Reserved