President Donald Trump's Hollywood Walk of Fame star was destroyed by a pickax – again – early Wednesday morning. An unidentified suspected perp turned himself in to Beverly Hills Police about an hour later.
Authorities told television station KTLA-TV they believe the incident happened on Hollywood Boulevard near the Dolby Theater about 3:30 a.m. A pickax was left at the scene on the sidewalk near where Trump's star was reduced to rubble and dirt.
KCBS-TV reported a man turned himself in at the Beverly Hills Police Department at about 4:30 a.m. in connection with the destroyed star. He was not identified as of late Wednesday morning.
There were several witnesses to the star's destruction, including two security guards and worker at a nearby Walgreens, KCBS-TV said.
"I just seen a guy going to town on, I guess, the ground or whatever," witness Patricia Cox said. "I didn't know what was going on."
A guitar case left at the scene in which authorities believe the pickax was carried was taken into evidence, KCBS-TV reported. The star's sidewalk location was also covered with graffiti, as well, with pedestrians stopping by to take pictures of it later.
KTLA-TV said it was second time Trump's star had been destroyed. James Lambert Otis was taken into custody after an Oct. 26, 2016 incident in which a man dressed as a construction worker took a pickax and sledgehammer to the star.
In July 2016, a street artist nicknamed Plastic Jesus edged Trump's star with a six-inch high wall to protest the president's proposal to build a wall along the U.S.-Mexico border.
Trump's star placed on Hollywood Boulevard near Highland Avenue in 2007 to recognize him the reality show "The Apprentice," The Associated Press reported.
Many on social media were bothered by the vandalism.
© 2022 Newsmax. All rights reserved.