Tags: chris evans | betty white | escort | captain america

Chris Evans Escorts Betty White to Awards Stage, Is Real Captain America

By    |   Thursday, 08 Jan 2015 07:15 PM

Embodying the heart of his Captain America character, Chris Evans jumped from his seat at the People’s Choice Awards Wednesday and helped 93-year-old Betty White to the stage to accept her Favorite TV Icon Award.

And the Internet swooned.

“What a gentleman! We need more of these in the world and less of the little ‘gangstas’ and stuck up snobs boys are growing up to be,” wrote one person on Facebook.





Evans’ good manners aside, White’s award was well-deserved and many commented on their adoration of White’s comedic genius.

“I just love this woman. Decades and decades of showing that women are smart, funny, savvy and extraordinary! She is a pioneer and certainly an Icon,” Deb Vaughan wrote on Facebook.

When she accepted her award, White told the audience, who later gave her a standing ovation, “When Melissa McCarthy came up on stage and said she'd stay with us as long as you let her — well, you've abused the privilege with me. ... The people's choice at 93? Thank you with all my heart.”

Evans won the Favorite Action Movie Award, and he gave kudos to his mother (who probably had some part in those manners): “Thank you! I’d say 30-40 percent of the votes were from my mom. But the other 60 percent? Thank you, it means a lot.”



Related Stories:

© 2017 Newsmax. All rights reserved.

 
1Like our page
2Share
TheWire
Embodying the heart of his Captain America character, Chris Evans jumped from his seat at the People's Choice Awards Wednesday and helped 93-year-old Betty White to the stage to accept her Favorite TV Icon Award. And the Internet swooned.
chris evans, betty white, escort, captain america
311
2015-15-08
Thursday, 08 Jan 2015 07:15 PM
Newsmax Inc.
 

Newsmax, Moneynews, Newsmax Health, and Independent. American. are registered trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc. Newsmax TV, and Newsmax World are trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc.

NEWSMAX.COM
America's News Page
© Newsmax Media, Inc.
All Rights Reserved