The cliché that love is blind may or may not be true but in Hollywood one thing is certain: love (or lust) knows no age boundaries – especially when it comes to older men and younger women!
Here are seven celebrity couples with the biggest age gaps, according to Harper’s Bazaar.
1. Camila Alves & Matthew McConaughey: 13-year difference. The couple first met at a nightclub in Los Angeles back in 2006. McConaughey was 36 at the time and had to pull out all the stops to win over model Alves, who was 23. They married in June 2012.
2. Michael Douglas and Catherine Zeta-Jones: 25-year difference. The pair, who share the same birthday, were introduced in 1996 at the Deauville Film Festival and three years later Douglas proposed. Zeta-Jones was pregnant at the time and gave birth to their son, Dylan, in August that year.
3. Sarah Paulson and Holland Taylor: 31-year difference. This celebrity couple had tongues wagging about the age gap when they confirmed their relationship in 2016, a year after rumors first emerged that they were an item. "American Horror Story" star Paulson was 41 at the time and her beau was 72.
4. Princess Charlene and Prince Albert: 20-year difference. The celebrity couple caused a sensation in 2000 after meeting at a swimming competition in Monte Carlo. At the time, Charlene (now Princess of Monaco) was 22 and Prince Albert II of Monaco was 42. The couple dated for 10 years before tying the knot in a lavish royal wedding.
5. Harrison Ford and Calista Flockhart: 22-year difference. The Golden Globe Awards is the perfect meeting place for celebrity couples, which was the case for this pair who met in 2002, when Ford was 60 and Flockhart was 38. They dated for almost eight years before Ford proposed on Valentine's Day weekend.
6. Alec Baldwin and Hilaria Baldwin: 26-year difference. This whirlwind romance started in February 2011 and within five months they were living together. It was not long before the couple were married and having kids.
7. Alexis Roderick and Billy Joel: 33-year difference. Joel had already been married three times before he popped the question to Roderick. The age difference between this celebrity couple seems to be what holds them together. In 2015 they were married and that same year they welcomed daughter Della Rose into the world. Two years later they had a second daughter, Remy Anne.
BONUS: Not all celebrity couples with a big age gap feature older men and younger women. Case in point: Hugh Jackman, who shattered the stereotype when he married 13-years-older Deborra-lee Furness. Jackman’s not alone: Nick Jonas broke hearts when he married Priyanka Chopra, 10 years his senior.
© 2021 Newsmax. All rights reserved.