Four Brooklyn gang rape suspects are in police custody after allegedly assaulting a girl at gunpoint in New York last week.
The teen suspects, who range in age from 14 to 17, are accused of forcing a father to leave his 18-year-old daughter in a Brownsville park Thursday so they could take turns assaulting her, CNN reported.
Charges are pending as one suspect reportedly remains at large.
The victim's father told CNN affiliate WABC
that he and his daughter were approached by five males around 9 p.m. on Thursday at the Osborn Playground. The father, who was not identified, said that that one person in the group pulled out a gun and told him to run.
"The one put a gun in my face telling me to run, and all of them had their way with her," the father told WABC, adding that he contacted and returned with police 15 minutes later. But the suspects had fled by that time.
The victim was treated at a nearby hospital after the attack and released, CBS New York reported.
Police later released surveillance video of the group of suspects entering a nearby bodega before the attack.
Law enforcement sources told the New York Post
that a 14-year-old and 15-year-old were brought to the 73rd Precinct by their parents, while the third and fourth suspects were taken into custody shortly after. At least one of the teens told police the sex was consensual, according to CNN.
"We have been working closely with the NYPD to bring the violent sexual predators who committed this horrific gang rape to justice and will not stop until every one of them is held accountable," said Brooklyn DA Ken Thompson.
The news of the alleged gang rape has left the neighborhood on edge.
"I am disgusted and deeply saddened by the horrific attack that took place in Brownsville Thursday evening," New York Mayor Bill de Blasio said in a statement. "Every New Yorker in every neighborhood deserves to feel safe and protected, and we will not stop until the perpetrators of this disturbing attack are held accountable for their actions. This administration has zero tolerance for sexual attacks, and we will work to ensure a crime of this nature never happens again."
© 2021 Newsmax. All rights reserved.