It’s a bold move to endorse a Republican presidential candidate in an entertainment world dominated by liberals and Democrats. Many black celebrities even faced harsh criticism when they revealed their support for Donald Trump during the 2016 campaign.
Some African-American stars had already made their conservative views known while others decided to support Trump because of his unique qualities as an outsider in national politics. Change to the current political system, economic issues, concern for veterans, and Trump’s candor were among the top reasons they backed The Donald.
Here are 13 black celebrities and public personalities who supported Trump:
1. Don King — The boxing promoter and controversial media personality said Trump would lead a revolution against a corrupt system. “The people feel that they’ve been betrayed by the elected officials,” King told a Trump rally in Toledo, Ohio. He said people admire Trump for “telling the truth like it is,” the Washington Times reported.
Urgent: Should President Trump Abolish Obamacare? Vote Here Now
2. Shaquille O’Neal — The NBA Hall of Famer has been a long-time friend of Trump’s, calling him “a straight-up guy,” the New York Daily News notes. After the election, Shaq told the Hill, “Now that he’s president-elect, you just hope that he can make the world a better place. He won fair and square. We have to give him a chance . . . There’s no need talking about recounts and this and that.”
3. Jimmie Walker — The star of the 1970s comedy “Good Times” has been outspoken about his conservative and libertarian views over the years. He favored Trump for economic reasons, saying, “we need a guy like Donald Trump now because America has become a business,” according to The Wrap.
4. Mike Tyson — The boxing great also agrees that Trump’s business sense will make him a successful president. “Let’s try something new,” he said during the campaign, according to amNew York. “Let’s run America like a business, where no colors matter.”
5. Kanye West — During a recent California performance as part of his Saint Pablo tour, the controversial rapper and songwriter told a stunned audience that he didn’t vote. “But if I would have voted, I would have voted on Trump,” he said, according to The Washington Post.
6. Stacey Dash — The Fox News contributor and former "Clueless” star encouraged minorities who had been voting Democrat to give Trump a chance. “Try something new, especially a guy who is not the establishment,” she told PJ Media.
Special: Assess Your Memory Strength in Just a Matter of Minutes
7. Dennis Rodman — The former NBA star tweeted his support for Trump early in the campaign, according to amNew York. He wrote, “We don’t need another politician, we need a businessman like Mr. Trump!”
8. Jimmy McMillan — The founder of the Rent Is Too Damn High Party who ran for governor of New York in 2010 endorsed Trump. “He’s the only one who is supporting my brother veterans, which is good enough for me,” the Vietnam vet told the New York Daily News.
9. Jim Brown — The legendary NFL running back has been a long-time GOP supporter. He told ESPN’s SportsCenter that he hoped the “bravado that [Trump] presents becomes a positive energy so that we could all get behind doing the right thing,” according to Real Clear Politics.
10. Omarosa Manigault — Once a contestant on “The Apprentice,” she helped Trump with African-American outreach during the campaign. “Every critic, every detractor, will have to bow down to President Trump,” she said after the election, Essence reported.
11. Terrell Owens — Known for his days as an NFL wide receiver and also as a contestant on “Celebrity Apprentice,” he proclaimed that Trump “has what it takes to change how government is run,” according to the Independent Journal Review.
12. Azealia Banks — The popular singer and rapper tweeted, “I REALLY want Donald Trump to win the election,” according to amNew York. Hillary Clinton was “another one of the establishments robots,” she alleged in another tweet.
13. Herschel Walker — The former NFL running back and Heisman Trophy winner said Trump could save America, according to IJR. “I guarantee you [Trump] would do better than a lot of people in office now,” he commented.
Important: Tell President Trump What He Should Do First – Take the Poll Here!
3 Health Tips That Can Prolong Your Life:
• Doctor: Reverse Joint Pain in 5 Days or Less Without Drugs
• Weird Gut Bacteria Linked to Digestion, Heart, Obesity, Brain Problems
• Keep Your Prostate Normal-Sized, This Natural Secret Weapon Helps
© 2023 Newsmax. All rights reserved.