Tags: benghazi | car | bombs

Benghazi Car Bombs Death Toll Rises to 35

Warning: graphic content (YouTube/Euronews)

Wednesday, 24 January 2018 09:29 AM

Benghazi car bombs killed 35 people and injured 60 after worshippers left a mosque in Libya's eastern city on Tuesdy night, medical officials said.

A first blast hit as people left the mosque in Benghazi's central Al Salmani district and a second blast, about 15 minutes later, inflicted a large number of casualties among people who had gathered at the scene, Reuters reported.

Senior security officials were among the casualties.

The toll was one of the highest from a single attack since Libya slid into turmoil after the uprising that toppled Muammar Gaddafi in 2011.

Benghazi is controlled by the Libyan National Army, which is led by powerful eastern-based commander Khalifa Haftar and was battling Islamists and other opponents in the port city until late last year. 

© 2018 Thomson/Reuters. All rights reserved.

   
1Like our page
2Share
TheWire
Benghazi car bombs killed 35 people and injured 60 after worshippers left a mosque in Libya's eastern city on Tuesdy night, medical officials said.
benghazi, car, bombs
127
2018-29-24
Wednesday, 24 January 2018 09:29 AM
Newsmax Media, Inc.
 

Newsmax, Moneynews, Newsmax Health, and Independent. American. are registered trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc. Newsmax TV, and Newsmax World are trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc.

NEWSMAX.COM
America's News Page
© Newsmax Media, Inc.
All Rights Reserved