June 24, 2021: Fifty-four percent (54%) of voters believe that making sure that every American has access to quality medical care is more important than making sure that every American has affordable health insurance. A Scott Rasmussen national survey found that 39% take the opposite view and believe providing affordable health insurance is more important.
Most Republicans and independents believe providing access to quality care is more important. Democrats are evenly divided.
Just 22% of voters today believe that having affordable health insurance guarantees access to quality health care. That may help explain why 67% of all voters say the healthcare system is badly broken.
Other data shows that 45% of voters believe the United States has a free-market healthcare system. Only 34% disagree and believe we have a government-run system.
Despite the belief of many that we have a free market healthcare system, a Cato Institute analysis concluded that government sources control 83% of all health care spending.
Each weekday, Scott Rasmussen's Number of the Day explores interesting and newsworthy topics at the intersection of culture, politics and technology. Columns published on Ballotpedia reflect the views of the author. Scott Rasmussen's Number of the Day is published by Ballotpedia weekdays at 9 a.m. Eastern. Columns published on Ballotpedia reflect the views of the author. Scott Rasmussen is founder and president of the Rasmussen Media Group. He is the author of "Mad as Hell: How the Tea Party Movement Is Fundamentally Remaking Our Two-Party System," "In Search of Self-Governance," and "The People's Money: How Voters Will Balance the Budget and Eliminate the Federal Debt." Read Scott Rasmussen's Reports — More Here.
- ScottRasmussen.com, "54% Believe Providing Access to Quality Medical Care More Important than Providing Affordable Insurance for All," June 23, 2021
- ScottRasmussen.com, "22% Believe Everyone with Health Insurance has Access to Quality Care," June 21, 2021
- ScottRasmussen.com, "67% Say Health Care System is Badly Broken," June 18, 2021
- ScottRasmussen.com, "45% Think US has Free-Market Healthcare System, 34% Say Government Run," June 22, 2021
- Deseret News, "Opinion: Washington has no hope of fixing our health care system," June 21, 2021
© 2021 Newsmax. All rights reserved.