Tags: Coronavirus | covid | vaccine | republicans | democrats

13 Percent of Voters Will Never Get COVID Vaccine

vaccine vials and syringes
(Dreamstime)

By Friday, 23 April 2021 01:39 PM Current | Bio | Archive

April 23, 2021: A Scott Rasmussen national survey found that 13% of voters nationwide say they will never get the COVID-19 vaccine. Despite recent news about the Johnson & Johnson vaccine, that number is essentially unchanged from earlier surveys.[1]

At this point, 46% have now been vaccinated, and 14% want to receive the vaccine as soon as possible. That totals 60%, up 10 points since February. Those figures suggest a modest increase in public comfort with the vaccines.[1]

In between are 15% who say they want to wait and see before getting vaccinated and another 10% who are in no particular rush.[1]

Eighteen percent (18%) of Republicans say they will never get vaccinated. So do 16% of independent voters. Just 5% of Democrats share that view.[1]

At the other extreme, 74% of Democrats say they have either been vaccinated already or want to be as soon as possible. Just 54% of Republicans hold that view, along with 51% of independents.[1]

There is also a significant difference in attitudes by age. Eighty percent (80%) of senior citizens have either been vaccinated or want to be as soon as possible. However, that applies to only 48% of voters 18-24.[1]

Currently, 41% believe the worst of the pandemic is behind us, while 32% disagree.

Footnotes:

  1. ScottRasmussen.com, "13% will never get vaccinated; unchanged since CDC paused J & J vaccine," April 19, 2021

Each weekday, Scott Rasmussen's Number of the Day explores interesting and newsworthy topics at the intersection of culture, politics and technology. Columns published on Ballotpedia reflect the views of the author. Scott Rasmussen's Number of the Day is published by Ballotpedia weekdays at 9:00 a.m. Eastern. Columns published on Ballotpedia reflect the views of the author. Scott Rasmussen is founder and president of the Rasmussen Media Group. He is the author of "Mad as Hell: How the Tea Party Movement Is Fundamentally Remaking Our Two-Party System," "In Search of Self-Governance," and "The People's Money: How Voters Will Balance the Budget and Eliminate the Federal Debt." Read Scott Rasmussen's Reports — More Here.​

© 2021 Newsmax. All rights reserved.


ScottRasmussen
A Scott Rasmussen national survey found that 13% of voters nationwide say they will never get the COVID-19 vaccine. Despite recent news about the Johnson & Johnson vaccine, that number is essentially unchanged from earlier surveys.
covid, vaccine, republicans, democrats
351
2021-39-23
Friday, 23 April 2021 01:39 PM
Newsmax Media, Inc.
 

Newsmax, Moneynews, Newsmax Health, and Independent. American. are registered trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc. Newsmax TV, and Newsmax World are trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc.

NEWSMAX.COM
America's News Page
© Newsmax Media, Inc.
All Rights Reserved