Tags: Statistics | Big | Government

Statistics on Big Government

Thursday, 24 May 2001 12:00 AM

The 2000 Federal Register contained 74,258 pages. That's the highest number since Jimmy Carter was president. It's also a 4 percent jump over the size of the 1999 Federal Register.

The five most active rule-producing agencies are the Transportation, Treasury, Interior and Commerce departments and the Environmental Protection Agency. Together, they account for 48 percent of all rules under consideration.

There are 4,699 regulations currently being considered. 1,054 of them affect small businesses. Rules impacting small businesses are up 40 percent over the past five years.

This is not how it was meant to be. Only about 5 percent of the power was supposed to reside with the federal government. The other 95 percent was to have been distributed among state and local governing bodies.

And our government is on the verge of relieving more than half of Americans of their tax burden - which means they'll be able to buy their votes ... cement their hold on power ... and keep government growing.

Neither the Democrats nor the Republicans are interested in curbing the growth of this leviathan.

Plan your escape route. And while you're planning your escape route, consider supporting the Libertarian Party (http://www.lp.org).

This is purely rumor territory right now - maybe some of you can track this one down for me. Is it really possible that Chelsea Clinton, daughter of the famed anti-Second Amendment president, now has a permit to carry a concealed weapon?

Everybody out there who has been impressed with the leadership of Trent Lott in the U.S. Senate raise your hands. Yeah, that's what I thought. Will the Republican caucus now have the nerve to send him packing from his leadership position and bring someone on board who actually has a little fight in him?

© 2019 Newsmax. All rights reserved.

   
1Like our page
2Share
Pre-2008
The 2000 Federal Register contained 74,258 pages.That's the highest number since Jimmy Carter was president.It's also a 4 percent jump over the size of the 1999 Federal Register. The five most active rule-producing agencies are the Transportation, Treasury, Interior and...
Statistics,Big,Government
292
2001-00-24
Thursday, 24 May 2001 12:00 AM
Newsmax Media, Inc.
 

Newsmax, Moneynews, Newsmax Health, and Independent. American. are registered trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc. Newsmax TV, and Newsmax World are trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc.

NEWSMAX.COM
America's News Page
© Newsmax Media, Inc.
All Rights Reserved