This entire China/'detainee' story is a spinmeister's dream. What's up is not up; what's down is up. What is real is not – it is all fantasy.
And it all must stop – and now!
So let us face reality:
2) These same Red Chinese of course then lied about the incident. They have tried fabricating a story that our bulky plane turned and hit a much quicker and more maneuverable MiG jet.
3) Now these same Communist Red Chinese are
4) The Bush-Cheney-Powell-Rice team has tried juggling two goals simultaneously: get the crew released
OK. That is where we are today.
Guess what? We are not going to get the crew back by playing this ridiculous – and weak – game. Nor is our present relationship with China one worth maintaining.
This incident has shown the true Red Chinese colors – and any nation that behaves barbarically must be treated as such. The Beijing leadership is a bunch of thugs and brutal dictators. So let's cut the crap and face facts.
Here is a step-by-step plan to fix this situation:
1) We tell Red China in private that all the smiles and obsequious groveling by the Bush team is
2) Meanwhile, unbeknownst to Beijing, we have lined up several sets of ducks.
3) We tell the Red Chinese that if the crew is not released in 24 hours –
4) If, after 24 hours, the crew is still held prisoner, we begin. The first step – which should have been arranged in the meantime – is the announcement from Britain or some other American ally that Beijing has been
5) Two days later it is then announced that China has been denied entrance into the World Trade Organization (WTO).
6) Two days later we announce a
7) We also resume and actually
8) As suggested by Chris Ruddy in his current NewsMax piece "The China Syndrome II," the Bush administration should immediately amend its 2002 budget to include a
9) We begin a grassroots boycott of
The pathetic hand-wringing wimps at the State Department will not like any parts of this plan.
So who cares? They have led us down the path where in this century a military giant – Red China – will be a huge threat to us.
It is time we prevented that from happening.
It is time the United States of America once again began acting like the United States of America.
© 2021 Newsmax. All rights reserved.