Private detective and security expert Bo Dietl says he finds it disgraceful that guards have been caught sleeping on the job at the construction site of the new World Trade Center building, and he would hire U.S. military veterans for the job.
"We've put the best security, supposedly, … half-a-billion dollars [worth from] Homeland Security, and you've still got the idiot guard sleeping down there," Dietl said Monday on the "Imus in the Morning"
radio show, which is simulcast on Fox Business Network.
"We've got veterans that joined the service after 9/11. They all went into Iraq, they went to Afghanistan. Now they're coming home with this president here cutting the military budget," Dietl told host Don Imus. "We can give them jobs down there. They're very alert. They're very [vigilant] to what's going on. Put them down there. You pay a couple of dollars more."
Story continues below video.
In recent weeks a teenager crawled through a hole in the fence
around the building and shot video he uploaded to YouTube. Two BASE jumpers surrendered to police
last week after getting to the top of the building in September and taking video of themselves jumping to the streets below.
The head of security at 1 World Trade Center, David Velazquez, resigned on Friday.
Dietl said his company uses military veterans and has found them among its best employees. His company also uses an iPhone app that calls guards every 15 minutes and requires them to answer questions.
"If they don't answer, you have their supervisor get over there, slap him in the head and wake him up if he's sleeping," Dietl said.
The iPhone app also can be used to send an email blast to all guards on duty if a potential breach in security is discovered, he said.
"Technology, professionalism equals security for the World Trade Center," Dietl said.
"Let's stop this nonsense."
© 2021 Newsmax. All rights reserved.