Wisconsin was an important swing state for President Donald Trump in his 2016 victory, but he is trailing the Democratic presidential primary leaders in hypothetical matchups in the latest Fox News poll.
Former Vice President Joe Biden who is embroiled in the Ukraine impeachment inquiry controversy has the biggest lead over the president at 9 points (48%-39%), while Medicare-for-All peddling Sens. Bernie Sanders, I-Vt., has a 5 point lead (45%-40%) and Elizabeth Warren, D-Mass., has a 4 point lead (45%-41%) , all results above the margin of error.
Biden leads all of the Democratic candidates in a poll in Wisconsin, when asked who they would like to see running., with each of the following getting at least 1% support:
- Joe Biden 28%.
- Elizabeth Warren 22%.
- Bernie Sanders 17%.
- South Bend, Indiana, Mayor Pete Buttigieg 7%.
- Sen. Kamala Harris, D-Calif., 5%.
- Sen. Cory Booker, D-N.J., 2%.
- Sen. Amy Klobuchar, D-Minn. 2%.
- Entrepreneur Andrew Yang 2%.
- Montana Gov. Steve Bullock 1%.
- Rep. Tulsi Gabbard, D-Hawaii, 1%.
- Ex-Rep. Beto O'Rourke 1%.
The Fox News poll was conducted Sept. 29-Oct. 2 among a random sample of 1,512 Wisconsin voters and has a margin of error of plus or minus 2.5 percentage points.
© 2021 Newsmax. All rights reserved.