More than two-thirds of Republicans in four states who supported President Donald Trump in the election think he exaggerates or lies, and many are OK with that.
According to Axios, a new poll shows that 80 percent of voters in Florida, Wisconsin, Ohio, and Pennsylvania think Trump exaggerates the truth or intentionally tells lies. A combined 68.7 percent of Republicans said the same, but 51.3 percent of members of the GOP said Trump exaggerates with good intent.
Other key findings from the poll:
- Democrats who believe Trump intentionally lies or exaggerates the truth: 90.8 percent.
- Republicans who believe Trump never lies: 31.3 percent.
- Republican members of Congress lie or exaggerate the truth: 84 percent.
- Republicans who are disappointed with the GOP over its failure to repeal and replace Obamacare last month: 64.4 percent.
- Republicans who are disappointed with the GOP over its handling of Trump's border wall proposal: 57 percent.
- Voters who say Trump has been unsuccessful: 36 percent.
- Voters who say Trump has been successful: 34 percent.
- Voters who say it's too early to tell: 30 percent.
Another poll, meanwhile, found that just 25 percent of Americans think Trump keeps his promises.
© 2021 Newsmax. All rights reserved.