More than half of voters say they will definitely vote for someone else than President Donald Trump, a new poll showed Tuesday.
The Morning Consult survey conducted for Politico ahead of Trump's State of the Union address found 52 percent say they would vote against the president if the election was held today — up from 47 percent last week. Another 6 percent say they would probably vote for someone else.
In the poll, 26 percent say they would definitely vote to re-elect Trump, and another 10 percent say they would probably vote for him.
In other results, the poll found:
- 61 percent say it is "very important" for Trump in his State of the Union speech to talk about his plans for improving the healthcare system.
- 60 percent say it is "very important" for Trump to talk about the economy.
- 33 percent say it is "very important" for him to talk about a border wall.
- Trump's approval rating is 41 percent.
- 56 percent disapprove of the job he is doing.
- But 82 percent of Republicans approve of the job Trump is doing, while only 15 percent disapprove.
- Among Democrats, 88 percent disapprove, and 58 percent of Independents disapprove.
The poll's margin of error is plus or minus 2 percentage points.
© 2021 Newsmax. All rights reserved.