Former President Donald Trump’s team has denied reports that he is refusing to share a stage with his former vice president at the annual Conservative Political Action Conference in Florida due to an ongoing feud between the two.
The Washington Examiner recently reported that a source close to Trump said he told people close to him that he would not appear at the conference if he had to share the stage with former Vice President Mike Pence, with the source noting that Trump remains furious with Pence for not trying to prevent Congress from certifying President Joe Biden’s victory.
“This story is patently false, and these ‘anonymously sourced’ attacks designed to create division are why people distrust the media,” senior Trump adviser Jason Miller tweeted on Tuesday.
He added, “No such demand or request was ever made by President Trump, and in fact, President Trump and Vice President Pence had a great call last week!”
American Conservative Union Chairman Matt Schlapp, one of the primary organizers of the conference, said that Pence had declined an invitation to appear at the event.
“I’m going to encourage him to come,” he said. “I think the conservative movement and the conservative community want to hear from its leaders and wants to hear from people who want to lead it in the future. That all starts on Friday in Orlando.”
© 2023 Newsmax. All rights reserved.