Fifty percent of voters support the House impeaching President Donald Trump, while 41% oppose it, a new Politico/Morning Consult poll reveals.
The survey showed no groundswell of new support – despite public hearings by the House Intelligence Committee, Politico noted. Last week, 48% supported impeachment and 44% opposed it.
Here are how the latest poll results, released Tuesday, break down:
- 48% of voters either strongly support or somewhat support the impeachment inquiry into Trump, compared to 43% who either strongly oppose or somewhat oppose the investigation.
- 43% approve of the way House Democrats are handling the inquiry, while 44% oppose it.
- 50% either strongly support of somewhat support the Senate removing Trump from office, compared to 42% who either strongly oppose or somewhat oppose it.
- 49% say Trump abused his owner to influence the election, while 35% say he was acting within his power as president.
- 32% say they have seen, read or heard a lot about the public hearings; 37% say they have seen, read or hear some about the hearings, 30% say they have seen, read or heard not much or nothing at all.
- 40% say they approve of the job Trump is doing as president, compared to 56% who disapprove.
The poll, conducted Nov. 22-24, surveyed 1,988 registered voters. The margin of error is plus or minus 2 percentage points.
© 2021 Newsmax. All rights reserved.