Tags: Trump Administration | Democrats 2016 | Donald Trump | GOP2016 | Hillary Clinton | Polls | trump

Poll: Trump, Clinton Dead Even in Ohio

Image: Poll: Trump, Clinton Dead Even in Ohio

Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump (Getty Images)

By    |   Thursday, 20 Oct 2016 01:48 PM

Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton are tied in the battleground state of Ohio, and the Democratic nominee's gain with independent voters is the driving factor, according to the latest Suffolk University poll released Thursday.

The results:

  • Trump/Clinton: 45 percent;
  • Gary Johnson/Jill Stein: 3 percent;
  • Undecided: 5 percent.

"The events over the past month have resulted in a dramatic shift among those Ohioans who self-identified as independents," said David Paleologos, director of the Suffolk University Research Center. "In September, Trump led among this group by 27 points. Today, he only leads by 6 points, and 10 percent of independents still have not decided. If Clinton takes the lead among independents, she wins Ohio. If those remaining undecided independents tip back to Trump, he will prevail."

Among the 70 percent of those surveyed who planned to watch the debate, Clinton led Trump by 2 points. Trump led Clinton by 5 points among the remaining 30 percent who didn't intend to watch or weren't sure.

The Ohio survey of 500 likely voters was conducted Oct. 17-19 and has a margin of error of +/-4.4 percentage points at a 95 percent level of confidence.

© 2017 Newsmax. All rights reserved.

   
1Like our page
2Share
Politics
Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton are tied in the battleground state of Ohio, and the Democratic nominee's gain with independent voters is the driving factor, according to the latest Suffolk University poll released Thursday.
trump, hillary, tied, ohio, poll
190
2016-48-20
Thursday, 20 Oct 2016 01:48 PM
Newsmax Inc.
 

Newsmax, Moneynews, Newsmax Health, and Independent. American. are registered trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc. Newsmax TV, and Newsmax World are trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc.

NEWSMAX.COM
America's News Page
© Newsmax Media, Inc.
All Rights Reserved