More than half of voters believe President Donald Trump is abusing the powers of the presidency, according to the latest Quinnipiac University poll released Wednesday.
The president's approval rating has dropped to 37 percent overall.
- Trump is abusing his powers: 54 percent.
- Those who say he is not abusing powers: 43 percent.
- Disapprove of the job Trump is doing: 55 percent.
- Republicans approve of the job Trump is doing: 84 percent.
- Voters disapprove of Trump terminating FBI Director James Comey: 54 percent.
Not only does Trump continue to get strident support from Republicans, 86 percent do not think the president is abusing his powers.
"President Donald Trump remains mired in dreadful mid 30s approval numbers and the red flags that are popping up tell an even darker story," said Tim Malloy, assistant director of the Quinnipiac University Poll. "But by far the most alarming determination is that President Trump is abusing his office."
Further, 68 percent of those surveyed said the issue of Russian interference in the elections is somewhat or very important to them, according to the poll.
From May 17-23, Quinnipiac University surveyed 1,404 voters nationwide with a margin of error of +/- 3 percentage points,
© 2021 Newsmax. All rights reserved.