Tags: Rich Lesser | Trump | Advisory Group | CEO

CEO in Trump Advisory Group: 'Opportunity to Have a Voice at the Table'

Image: CEO in Trump Advisory Group: 'Opportunity to Have a Voice at the Table'
(AP)

By    |   Monday, 03 Apr 2017 08:40 AM

Being a part of an advisory group to President Donald Trump is a responsibility to be involved in business discussions at the presidential level, said Rich Lesser, CEO of the Boston Consulting Group.

"We concluded that it is an opportunity to have a voice at the table and to make a difference," Lesser said in an interview with Spiegel. "Any time the president is asking to give advice, this is a privilege, but it is also a responsibility.

"When we have the opportunity to share those ideas and bring them forward in a direct way to our clients or to the president, we look for ways to do that," Lester added.

The Boston Consulting Group has a "passionate commitment" to diversity, and Lesser noted that its staff has become more diverse over the years. He said if he resigned from Trump's group, he would be in headlines briefly, but then he would no longer have an opportunity to be in that discussion with the president.

"We are two months into this new administration, it's a four-year term, that's less than 5 percent. For the remaining 95 percent of this administration, our voice would no longer be at the table," Lesser said.

Lesser, a registered Democrat, said that he hopes, "as with many prior administrations, that we will see evolution and improvement over time."

Uber CEO Travis Kalanick quit the group in February.

"Joining the group was not meant to be an endorsement of the president or his agenda but unfortunately it has been interpreted to be exactly that," Kalanick said.

© 2017 Newsmax. All rights reserved.

   
1Like our page
2Share
Politics
Being a part of an advisory group to President Donald Trump is a responsibility to be involved in business discussions at the presidential level, said Rich Lesser, CEO of the Boston Consulting Group.
Rich Lesser, Trump, Advisory Group, CEO
260
2017-40-03
Monday, 03 Apr 2017 08:40 AM
Newsmax Inc.
 

Newsmax, Moneynews, Newsmax Health, and Independent. American. are registered trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc. Newsmax TV, and Newsmax World are trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc.

NEWSMAX.COM
America's News Page
© Newsmax Media, Inc.
All Rights Reserved