Most Americans think recreational marijuana should be legalized and think it will be legal in the entire U.S. within the next 10 years, according to a YouGov poll released Monday.
The vast majority of Americans support legalizing marijuana for medicinal use, while half think it should be legal for recreational use. People who have used marijuana recreationally in the past are far more likely to support legalization.
- 72 percent support medical marijuana.
- 10 percent oppose medical marijuana.
- 12 percent neither support or oppose medical marijuana.
- 50 percent support recreational marijuana.
- 31 percent oppose recreational marijuana.
- 13 percent neither support or oppose recreational marijuana.
YouGov notes recreational marijuana has been legalized in 10 states and for medical use in 33 states.
- 62 percent said recreational marijuana will be legal nationwide in 10 years.
- 52 percent said marijuana is less harmful than alcohol.
- 49 percent said they prefer using natural remedies for medicine rather than pharmaceuticals.
YouGov polled 1,269 adults in the United States online from April 5-8.
© 2021 Newsmax. All rights reserved.