Donald Trump has moved slightly ahead of Hillary Clinton in the race for president, according to a new Rasmussen Reports poll
The poll finds:
- 41 percent support Trump;
- 39 percent support Clinton;
- 15 percent support another candidate;
- 5 percent are undecided.
More Democrats support Clinton than Republicans support Trump:
- 77 percent of Democrats support Clinton;
- 73 percent of Republicans support Trump.
While more Democrats would support Trump than Republicans would support Clinton:
- 15 percent of Democrats would vote for Trump;
- 8 percent of Republicans would vote for Clinton.
The real estate mogul also has the support of voters who don't identify as either Democrat or Republican, with 37 percent of those voters saying they would support Trump, while 31 percent are Clinton voters. Twenty-three percent of those voters are fans of another candidate, while only 9 percent are undecided.
In a previous poll
, Rasmussen gave voters the option of staying home and not voting at all if Trump and Clinton were the nominees. They were both tied with 38 percent each and 16 percent said they would vote for a third-party candidate, while 6 percent chose to stay home.
The survey of 1,000 likely voters was conducted on April 27-28, 2016 by Rasmussen Reports. The margin of sampling error is +/- 3 percentage points.
© 2021 Newsmax. All rights reserved.