Progressive groups want Wall Street executives, corporate lobbyists, and people affiliated with the fossil fuel, health insurance or private prison corporations absent from Joe Biden’s administration and transition team if he wins the presidency, reports CNBC.
The pledge is one of many sought by eight groups in return for spending more than $100 million to communicate with more than 10 million young members, supporters and potential voters in the 2020 election cycle to help Biden, the presumptive Democratic presidential nominee, beat President Donald Trump.
“He needs to earn our trust,” Waleed Shahid, a spokesman for Justice Democrats, told CNBC. “Personnel is policy, it’s where the rubber meets the road in terms of your values and commitments”
The groups also want Biden to, among other items:
- Adopt frameworks of the Green New Deal and commit to 100 percent clean energy by 2030 for electricity, buildings and transportation
- Take an “intersectional, comprehensive approach to preventing gun violence with the goal of reducing gun deaths by 50 percent in 10 years”
- Take immediate executive actions to expand DACA and other policies to protect people from deportation and hold ICE and CBP accountable
- Support the Affordable Drug Manufacturing Act to allow the government to manufacture generic versions of drugs and dramatically lower prescription drug prices
- Support Medicare for All and an annual tax on the extreme wealth of the wealthiest 180,000 households in America
- Appoint a trusted progressive to lead the White House Presidential Personnel Office to ensure the administration is free of corruption
© 2021 Newsmax. All rights reserved.